National Taoyuan Special School
National Taoyuan Special School was founded in 1992. It provides adolesents with special needs
an opportunity for educational and vocational training in Taoyuan City.
- To teach functional academic knowledge.
- To build self-caring living skills.
- To encourage participation in the community.
- To prepare knowledge and skills for vocational careers.
- To train self-protection abilities.
Students and Staffs
The school now have 436 students and 164 staff members.
Area of School
The target students are the adolescents with moderate, severe and profound multiple disabilities.
The school curriculum includes six areas: Life skill, Social adaptation, Practical language,
Practical math , Leisure education, and Vocational training. It is hoped that through education
every student will become an independent citizen.
- Vocational career education.
- Barrier-free design of the school buildings.
- Implementing Individualized Education Program.
- Employing supportive employment strategies.
- Free school buses and dormitories.
No.10, Deshou St., Taoyuan Dist., Taoyuan City 330, Taiwan (R.O.C.)